CLUB POLICY & DRESS REGULATIONS
Members and their guests are to be clean and neatly dressed at all times to maintain a high standard. Management reserves the right to declare any dress offensive or not acceptable and reserves the right to refuse admittance or request them to leave if in their opinion the dress standard does not conform to the Club’s regulations. No argument will be entered into.
To maintain the high standards enjoyed within our venue, we remind patrons that the following dress is not permitted at any time:
- Dress shall be neat and tidy at all times.
- Footwear with heel and back strap must be worn at all times.
- Thongs and scuff type footwear are not permitted.
- Hats are not to be worn in the Club at any time.
- No working overalls, shorts, etc., after 6pm on Fridays, Saturdays and all day Sunday.
- No torn or offensive clothing.
- Hair rollers are not permitted.
- Swimwear, gymwear, training apparel and singlets are not permitted
- Men – long trousers and shirts with collars must be worn after 6pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Tailored shorts with knee-length socks will be accepted.
- T-shirts with offensive words or pictures are not permitted.
- Tracksuit pants permitted until 7pm in all areas, however, after 7pm they are only permitted in The Brasserie and Baysia.
- Tailored, knee-length shorts are permitted after 7pm with shoes and socks.
- Managements’ decision shall be final.
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult at all times while in the dining or games area. Any child found unaccompanied will result in disciplinary action taken against the member.
Canada Bay Club is committed to the provision of best practice in the Responsible Conduct of Gaming as part of our business activities and practices. We are aware of and take seriously our obligation to understand and abide by relevant legislative and regulatory requirements at all times.
It is our policy that we will:
- conform with all the legislative and regulative requirements for Responsible Gambling;
- provide a safe and responsible gambling and gaming environment that meets the expectations of our patrons and the community as a whole;
- promote and offer the availability of assistance, support and information to those who feel they have a problem with gambling by providing player information brochures, referral to counselling services and the Self-Exclusion Scheme;
- ensure that our management and staff are fully trained in the Responsible Conduct of Gaming and kept updated and informed of their responsibilities and of the requirements needed to recognise and support patrons who seek assistance with gambling problems;
- prohibit intoxicated persons from engaging in gambling activities;
- prohibit minors from entering the gaming areas;
- conduct and promote compliant financial practices;
- always conduct operations ethically and responsibly so as to minimise the harm that excessive gambling may cause to individuals.
Responsible service of alcohol
Canada Bay Club takes these new laws in our industry very seriously. We care about our Members and their guests and want to see them enjoy their time at our Club and also ensure that their behaviour does not disturb or upset our other Members and Guests.
The laws are very strict about the amount of alcohol that a person can consume. To protect you, the members and ourselves from possible fines and lawsuits, we as Management and Staff have to ensure these rules are followed strictly. A patron who behaves in an intoxicated, disorderly, argumentative, violent or offensive manner will be asked to vacate the Club immediately. If the Police are required due to a patron’s disorderly or violent behaviour, spot fines of up to $550 will be enforced and fines of up to $5500 should the matter be heard in court.
We ask our members to respect our decision when a person is refused alcohol. We will offer soft drink or coffee and call a cab on your behalf. By doing this for our members and guests, we hope to make our club a much more enjoyable place to visit.
Canada Bay Club is committed to our local community, your community. As part of the local community we believe it is our social obligation that our commitment to the practice of Responsible Gaming and Responsible Service of Alcohol is firmly maintained and we will continue to promote this policy and ensure that we continue to provide a safe environment at our Club.